FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Sherry Roberts |
The Roberts Group | rugs |
Contact: Nicki Rayburn | broadloom | 706-272-4961
Karastan’s New Crossroads Collection Expands the Decorating Possibilities for Today’s Active Lifestyles
DALTON, GA, December 19, 2012—Karastan’s new wool collection, Crossroads, offers a wide variety of decorating possibilities in plush, durable constructions to meet the demands of today’s active lifestyles.
Crossroads is a Studio by Karastan collection woven of premium fully worsted New Zealand wool in the USA on Wilton (Van de Wiele) looms. It combines the high performance and eco-friendliness of wool with energetic styles and vibrant colors—a perfect option for young, style-conscious homeowners; busy families who need rugs that last and empty nesters ready for a change.
The Crossroads Collection exudes style diversity: tribal Suzanis, timeless Sarouks, transitional florals and modern ikats. Crossroads’ inviting palettes feature classic red, warm honey, indigo and black with accents of dove gray, terra cotta, sage and ivory. The Crossroads styles include:
- Danforth: This modern and sophisticated stripe is like striated mesa rocks in the Southwest—a visual joy.
- Ashbury: A large floral that makes a bold and welcoming statement, this transitional style comes in Black for a lush look and Ivory for a soft, whimsical room.
- Clarksdale: Diamond-shaped medallions in garnet, sage, gray, indigo and honey alternate in rows on an ivory ground with geometric accents, small flowers and a garnet diamond border.
- Addison: This intricate beauty has a tribal vibe created from densely packed geometric designs. It comes in Black and Elm green and features multiple borders with varying primitive motifs.
- Carson: A contemporary collage of arty boxes within boxes. Classic red, warm honey, indigo and ivory energize this modern and abstract look.
- Powell: A classic Sarouk beauty in today’s shades of Garnet and Sage, this refreshing look has multiple borders framing an overall pattern of small medallions, leaves, vines and flowers.
- Duval: In this lush and elegant Sarouk pattern, intricate curvilinear vines and flowers frolic around a group of four large palmettes on stria grounds of Indigo and Black.
- Estelle: Large blooms in neutral shades create a mysterious garden of shadows on a Dove Gray ground.
- Rosedale: Tribal beauty is preserved in this Suzani style, which features floral disks floating on a sea of vinery on either a Dove or Indigo ground. This rug pays homage to the elegance and energy of the Suzani, which is a type of embroidered and decorative tribal textile made in Central Asian countries.
- Davina: A simple black border contains the swirling disks and simple leaves and vines in this Suzani-style garden. It is full of energy and reflects the playful mood of the decorative tribal textiles known as Suzani.
- Nanai: Modern shades and timeless elegance meet in this casual style of teardrop medallions in rows amid tribal flourishes and accents. It is available in Indigo, Ivory, Dove and Spice to complement a variety of color schemes.
- Navin: Tribal patterns connect the past with the present in this modern ikat. Indigo and honey create the drama on a dove gray ground.
Crossroads rugs are available in 2'5" x 4', 2'5" x 12', 3'3" x 5'6", 5'3" x 8'3", 8' x 10', 8'6" x 11'6" and 9'6" x 13'2". Retail price for a 5'3" x 8'3" is $699.
See us at:
Atlanta Rug Market (AmericasMart 3-A-1)
Las Vegas Market (World Market Center C-312)
High Point: IHFC (International Home Furnishings Center) space H309
Download a Word file of this release.
Click or right-click photos to view or save high-resolution versions.
Karastan’s Ashbury Black from the Crossroads Collection creates a vibrant garden.
Rosedale Dove, from Karastan’s new Crossroads Collection, replicates the tribal energy of Suzani decorative arts.
Karastan’s Crossroads Collection features Powell Sage, a classic Sarouk pattern in today’s shades.
Karastan is part of Mohawk Industries, a leading supplier of flooring for both residential and commercial applications. Mohawk offers a complete selection of broadloom carpet, ceramic tile, wood, stone, laminate, vinyl, rugs and other home products. These products are marketed under the premier brands in the industry, which, in addition to Karastan, include Mohawk, Ralph Lauren, Lees, Bigelow, Dal-Tile and American Olean. Mohawk’s unique merchandising and marketing assists customers in creating the consumer’s dream. Mohawk provides a premium level of service with its own trucking fleet and over 250 local distribution locations.
53032 Sugar Valley Road
Sugar Valley, GA 30721
Press Contact: Sherry Roberts | 952-322-4005